A Good (Still Relevant) Read for MTT Players

Decided to play a $11 MTT on UB today. I don't play a lot of tournaments these days, though I used to primarily be a tournament player, and wanted to use what little money I had on UB.

While playing, I thought I'd re-read some of the better posts that I've read on MTT play.

So, though a couple years old, read Tony Dunst's aka Bond18 series "Things it took me a while to learn," here.
“You risked your tournament life with that?” I hear this all the time around live tournaments. I guess that’s because with live you normally only get to play one tournament a day, and in the case of a major main event, people may have waited months or a whole year for it. Still, that’s absolutely no excuse. Your tournament life has no value outside a sentimental one, so unless you intend to bottle that magic tournament life feeling and selling to Hallmark for a fucking Christmas card, stop wasting your time with this mentality.

What really has value in tournaments? Chips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment